PUPPY NUTRITION TIPS
Special Puppy Needs:
- Ultra Premium Foods with 100% human grade ingredients and the highest
attention to a balanced and healthy diet
- Higher levels of nutrients: protein, vitamins, minerals, fats, and
other essentials for growth Structured schedule to increase learning
and integration into your lifestyle
- Clear expectations for house breaking, play, leash training, socializing,
and other important behaviors in a well rounded dog
Things to Consider:
Crate Training: Dogs are den animals and are easily
crate trained as a method of preventing repeated housebreaking accidents,
excessive chewing, unwanted destruction, and separation anxiety. Crates are
intended solely as a positive tool not meant for time outs or punishment.
Please ask an associate for more information on crate training.
Canned Foods: Ultra Premium canned foods added to a
kibble diet are an excellence source of the additional moisture rich
nutrients. Mixing these with a tablespoon of warm water and kibble will
encourage eating and soften the kibble while the puppy is teething.
Tough Toys: Puppies are chewers, and the best way to
prevent unwanted chewing of prized pumps or beloved remote controls is
to provide suitable
toys and chew
treats to encourage appropriate play and aid in teething and the
natural urge. These toys should also be used to replace hands, fingers,
and toes. It may be adorable at the puppy stage, but as the dog grows
into adulthood it is imperative that it is taught that hands and toes
are not chew toys as this can lead to unwanted mouthiness and a lack
of bite inhibition. This is especially important if the puppy is being
raised in a home with children, or will be in very social situations.
For more information on pet food, see our article on common
pet food ingredients and their benefits.
Recommended Foods & Supplements:
- All life stages formulas are designed for nutrition demands from
puppy to adult-
- Wide variety of flavors allow variety within the same line easing
switching foods which will strengthen the digestive system and will
help prevent picky eaters
- Highly palatable with “Bio Coating”
- Puppy formula is specially formulated with smaller kibble that is
enhanced with higher protein, fat, and calories.
- Hunchen Flocken designed for growing puppies and smaller kibble
- Puppy Plate canned food is designed for puppies needs